Wednesday, November 19, 2008


ANARCHIST MUSIC:
LAST CALL AT THE ASHCROFT OPERA HOUSE:
The following is from anarchist musician Joey Only.
...............................


LAST ASHCROFT OPERA HOUSE SHOW EVER:
NOV22: Joey Only and Genghis Ghandi's
(everyone, if you can get out to Ashcroft, near Cache Creek BC and see this awesome historic venue...it's closing and there will never be another showroom in BC like it...all you who are our friends and family and brothers and sisters, let's give Martin one helluva special night!!!!)
THE OPERA HOUSE IS CLOSING - LAST SHOW EVER
- NOVEMBER 22 - ONE LAST AWESOME CONCERT!!!
from Martin Comtois (www.ashcroftoperahouse.com )
Then, we have the last party at the Opera house in this incarnation. November 22 at 8pm with dinner at 7pm. 11/22, these are powerful numbers that are very appropriate for the transition I'm in. Letting go is one of the most difficult and common things we all have to go through. Somehow the conviction that this is for the best has to ring true in order for us to accept transition. I'm getting there slowly and I count on this party to celebrate both what has been and what is ahead.
My very good friend Rob Hall and his band Ghengisk Gandhi are headlining the evening with their special brand of country reggae.
Joey Only and The Outlaw Band are also coming to the party. Joey is all about Love and Rage and I'm finally starting to understand what he means by that. You can't miss the love in Joey, his band and his music. And the rage? It's about being mad at a modern civilization that has gone so wrong. I can't think of two bands that I would rather want to end a run like this one. Bring your dancing shoes, your appetite and ditch the pumpkin, you won't be home before midnight Cinderella.
This IS the last ball baby!
Danie Pouliotte, Chad Gidinski, Tom Coles are considering coming to play as well as Van and his friends from the Yalakom.
Stephanie might even be here to say good by to the old Barn on Brink. I certainly hope you can make it too. I have some information up on the website about where I'm moving and how to get a hold of me. I'll also give you more information in my next newsletter which should be my last for awhile If you want to stay in touch and be added to my transition email list please write and let me know and I'll stay in touch.
I trust that this message is all finding you well. Thanks you all for being part of the magic ride that was.
Lot of Love,Martin
--
---
SOUND RESISTANCE RADIO & PRODUCTIONS
---

No comments: