Thursday, March 17, 2011


PERSONAL:
SORRY FOR THE LACK OF CONTENT HERE:
Regular readers of this of this blog may have noticed a lack of content recently. I've explained this before as I have transfered a lot of my activity over the my Facebook account. I've been contemplating this for some time, and have posted on it before. I MOST certainly don't intend to abandon Molly's Blog because it reaches a larger audience that even the 2100 + "friends" I have on Facebook. It also a fact that most of the people that I am connected to on Facebook are those who I already agree with in one way or another, ie they are anarchists, union activists or people involved in such things as "time banks" or social justice efforts. THIS blog, however, has the potential for a larger outreach given the way the internet operates. So...don't despair; there will be things here that I couldn't express on facebook or are better expressed here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't bother with Facebook, it's a waste of time and energy.

Larry Gambone said...

I wondered where you were...

mollymew said...

Yeah, I'm still working out the balance. I've written here before on 'The Facebookalization of Anarchism' so it isn't that I don't recognize the limitations of that medium. It is, of course, infintely more ephemeral than a blog or website are. It's major advantage is to spread the word about certain things in a big hurry. Besides the fact that content disappears into a black hole within days its other disadvanatge is that you cannot link various stories together that are about the same subject and neither can a lot of "editorial comment" (opinions ?) be added. On the other hand I can put many ! stories up at facebook in the time it takes me to post one here.

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

Facebook traitor!